Friday, September 30, 2011

Summer is over. Model Railroad fun begins

Yes. The leaves outside are turning orange and red and yellow. The MGB is ready to be packed away and I'm ready to have some fun in the model railway world again. The summer break is most welcome, I can forget about things for a while and come back refreshed. The Saint Cloud, MN Granite City Train show is coming up in November and its pretty traditional that I take my collection of "small" model trains to that show. The T scale is coming out of retirement, I'll take along some of my Nano Model Railroading efforts if I think they are worth it when I get them finished and of course the Z scale layout too. Now, way back earlier in the year, on a high from showing it the last time I said I was going to add some more bits and pieces to the layout. A few structures perhaps. I have not forgotten this. I'm looking out for some nice small structures to add to the layout to add some character. I do like these cabins from RSL Laser. But I'm looking for a nice easy smaller depot kit too. Something like this one. But thats an extensive conversion of an existing kit. I'm looking for a relatively quick straight build I think. Any ideas? Feel free to pass on any thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment