Friday, January 11, 2013

Waking up...

After 14 months of inactivity I wonder if anyone still reads this?
My Z scale activities may have been dormant but my model railroading hasn't. I've built layouts and explored several new avenues of railway modelling. Even inventing one that was a world wide craze for a while. Though initially not as successful as I hoped for me personally. I was always open to another go at the project.
Then I had this picture bought to my attention. What a delightful scene, and so model-able and you could even fit it into a small space. Say 4' long even in HO scale. This would have been the kind of idea that my late, dear friend Carl Arendt would have gone for in a big way.  I mooted the idea in HO scale but strangely the idea that appeals most to me is to create this sort of scene in an APA box in Z. I bought a whole load of the boxes. I also have stock and track to build this in Z scale.
I've said before that I like Z scale. I was really impressed with the quality of the running of the set I have when I ran it at the Granite City Train show. I've been wanting to do something more with Z but I've been waiting for the inspiration to get a project up and running. To be honest, I wasn't expecting it to fall together like this. So we'll see how things develop.

1 comment:

  1. Still reading, and now waiting to see what you do with this scene!

    ReplyDelete