Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Its early days

Oh how I love them!
You know, the early days in a modelling project when you're fired up with enthusiasm and can't wait to get on with it.
I know you know, we all get it. Wether it's blogging everyday (though I will try not to...) or spending inordinately long periods of time actually working on the layout/building/item of stock. When I start on a project hours can literally fly by I'm so fired up and into a project. Or whatever, you know you do it.
With my Z scale knowledge still being somewhat limited I've been doing a lot of web surfing checking out websites for layouts, products etc; with the intention of posting them in a little bar on the side over there to the right.
But no. You are spared the agony of having to potentially see a section entitled "LinkZ"*
Because there is only one link you need if you model in Z. This one. American Z Scale. Therein you will find links to just about every manufacturer, dealer and Z scale modeller of worth.
I am still ploughing through it. I never realised there were so many people out there producing items of all sorts, structures, locomotive kits, rolling stock for Z.
Then there are the layouts. I was quite impressed here. Yes, there are people producing the novelty "layouts-in-a-suitcase" to showcase the space saving qualities of Z. But at the other extreme there are also people producing models of the California coast or Arizona desert where really long trains can stretch their legs and look like long trains should. Super.
A great idea to pull all these links together in one place. It makes everything so much easier. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off back there right now.

*No, I wouldn't have really done that. I have to much respect for you, my readers to do something that twee and naff...

3 comments:

  1. See... In spite of having respect for whatever stray reader happens to stumble across my blog, I would have had no qualms about putting up LinkZ section (if I had a blog about Z scale things of course). I may have felt silly about it a week later though. :-)

    Tom "whose starting to feel like a stalker because I'm following so many of your blogs" Campbell

    ReplyDelete
  2. "No, I wouldn't have really done that. I have to much respect for you, my readers to do something that twee and naff..."

    Thank you for this. So refreshing to have the scale--and modelers working in it--treated as adults.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and thank you for your kind words on my link resource. Nice to know it's useful!

    ReplyDelete