Thursday, March 17, 2011

What to do?

It's a good job I didn't promise not to post every day on this blog otherwise I'd be in a mess very quickly...
So, what to do with my Z gauge set when it arrives? I like to plan ahead. That way I'm not "Umming and Ahing", wasting valuable modelling time later on when the stuff actually gets here.
The first plan for this Z scale stuff is to accompany the T scale layout to shows so that the naysayers can compare the two scales and see the difference. I'd really like to have some kind of scenic development on the baseboard in time for the Granite City Train show at the end of April. Not long, But heck, I can build a layout in 5 days! So that shouldn't be too much of a problem. Just keep it simple.
But what?
How about this scene?
The Knife River bridge on the North Shore of Lake Superior.
It's certainly simple enough, a single line on a bridge over a river that appears and disappears behind trees immediately before and after traversing said bridge. Flipping perfect if you ask me.
It is a location I am very familiar with I have plenty of pictures of it myself.
It should be quite an attainable goal for a starter layout don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment