Friday, March 25, 2011

It's here

When I arrived home from work yesterday there was this big brown box on the doorstep.
Look what was in there!
Alas I was too busy with other things last night to run it. But I did take a good look. Here's what the set looks like without the lid on. I have to say that this is a well presented box of trains. Simply and cleanly laid out, the individual rolling stock items are in plastic cases like retail models. (In fact the retail model prices are on the back of the cases.) So the items do come well protected.
Here is the loco, and to totally surprise you I'll say this. It's so BIG! With my current T scale mindset these trains are huge. They are twice the size of T. Of course if you have a HO or O scale mindset these trains are tiny. Just shows how your point of view can be influenced.
I so want to get this train running. Perhaps tonight.
Thanks to Zscale monster for a speedy delivery.

3 comments:

  1. Good thing you didn't sneeze when taking that last photo...

    ReplyDelete
  2. and what with imitation being the sincerest form of flattery I should hold up my hand (without the loco on it) and claim no originality in that last shot. It's a plain old rip-off from David K Smiths T gauge site...

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...and in my case, it was a plain old rip-off of an image from Eishindo. I simply improved upon it by posing more carefully with good lighting and a decent camera.

    ReplyDelete