Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Carrying on

I might not be able to upload pictures but I can at least report on the progress on the model.
So far so good. I think it's heading in the right direction.
The girders are in the right place underneath the bridge deck which is also in place.
I've built the shells of the abutments and the centre pier as well thtose these might be subject to change when I get the sheets of stone material they will be clad in. I've ordered a pack of N scale Plastruct dressed stone embossed sheet and a sheet of a material that really intrigues me. It's from Chooch enterprises. It's a flexible stone sheet. I hope that I'll be able to cut it to size and shape to fit it on the pier and abutment shells. I think I'll be making new abutments probably because of how thick the material looks, we'll see. I've also ordered 4 packs of the HRS-2 Plastruct handrails. Cut down a bit they should also do the job.
All the materials are in the mail and should be here shortly, meanwhile I sit and twiddle my thumbs...

No comments:

Post a Comment