Thursday, April 28, 2011

Exhibitable

Here we are, ready to show. It didn't take all that long to get this stage. Five or six days perhaps. There's a few things that I could put right if I had more time but I think (I hope) that people will enjoy taking a look at it.
Above: An overall view. The overall size is 30" x 20". There's lots of different types of trees some Woodland scenics trees, Woodland Scenics fine leaf foliage and home made pine trees.
Above: A close up of the bridge. Overall I'm really really pleased with the bridge. I'm still not totally comfortable with the self adhesive qualities of the stone material but the effect of it is well and truly worth it.
Above: The "accidental" rock face. It's just a rough cut expanded polystyrene painted with Woodland scenics Earth ground colour. It looks really quite convincing.
Above: Another view of the bridge. Alas, you can see a section of handrail dropped off whilst I was handling the layout for the photos.
So far constructing the layout has been a very rewarding project. I think I have a "feel" for working in Z scale now. I have to say I like it so far. I'm curious to take my adventures further.

4 comments:

  1. Well done! And in record time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great seeing this in person today, great work! Came home with a few goodies too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks chaps;
    Tracey, I'm sorry we didn't get a chance to talk more but things were pretty crazy there yesterday. I'll do apost with more video later

    ReplyDelete